OH n : a midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region [syn: Ohio, Buckeye State]
- Rhymes with: -əʊ
Alternative spellingsParticularly in the context of internet conversations, "oh" is sometimes written with additional Os or Hs - for example, oooh or ohhh.
- Expression of surprise.
- Oh! I didn't see you there.
- Expression of wonder,
amazement, or awe.
- Oh, wow! That's amazing.
- Expression of understanding, recognition, or realization.
- Oh, so that's how it works.
- A word to precede an offhand or annoyed remark.
- Oh, leave me alone.
- A word to precede an added or comment or afterthought.
- Oh, and don't forget your coat.
- An invocation or address (similar to the vocative in languages with noun
- Oh, gosh
- Exclamation for drama or emphasis (often poetic).
- Oh, when will it end?
- Expression of pain. See ouch.
- Oh! That hurt.
- Space filler or extra syllable, especially in (popular) music.
- oh, oh, oh
- Used with a term of endearment in popular songs.
- Oh baby
Oh is an interjection with many uses, often said by people realizing something. (e.g. Oh, now I see.)
It may also refer to:
- A pronounced abbreviation for the number Zero
- OH, an abbreviation for the U.S. State of Ohio (United States postal abbreviations)
- Comair (IATA airline designator)
- in chemistry:
- is a USCS symbol for an organic-rich clay and/or silt of high plasticity
- Olduvai Hominid
- A former employee of the Appalachian Mountain Club's Hut System in the White Mountains of New Hampshire (Old Hutmans Association)
- Old Harrovian, a former pupil at Harrow School, England
- Old Herefordian, a former pupil of Hereford Cathedral School
- Old Haberdasher, a former pupil of The Haberdashers' Aske's School, England
- Owen Hart
- "Oh," a song by Fugazi from their 2001 album The Argument
- "Oh!", a song by Sleater-Kinney from their 2002 album One Beat
- "Oh (Dave Matthews song)", a song by Dave Matthews from his 2003 album Some Devil
- "Oh (Ciara song)", a 2004 song by singer Ciara released as a single in 2005
- "Oh! Darling", a song written by Paul McCartney and performed by the Beatles
- "Oh! Gravity. (song)," by rock band Switchfoot, or its album, "Oh! Gravity."
- "Oh, Boy! (song), a song by Buddy Holly and the Crickets, released in 1957.
oh in Arabic: OH
oh in Czech: OH
oh in German: OH
oh in Esperanto: Oh
oh in French: OH
oh in Korean: OH
oh in Italian: OH
oh in Japanese: OH
oh in Portuguese: OH
oh in Finnish: Oh
oh in Swedish: OH
oh in Chinese: OH